Intel LGA 2066 ATX motherboard with DDR4 4133MHz, dual M.2 and M.2 heatsink, U.2, USB 3.1 Gen 2 connectors, ASMB9-iKVM, and ASUS Control Center.
- ASUS Control Center: A software utility that provides convenient, secure, and cost-saving centralized IT management for small and medium businesses.
- ASMB9-iKVM (BMC): supports remote BIOS updates, fan control, standalone KVM, video recording, and BSOD capture, providing around-the-clock remote monitoring and diagnostics through the remote console (Web GUI & CLI)
- Ultra-efficient VRM heatsink: Metal fin array connected to the large surface area via a heatpipe tames X299 thermals to enable unthrottled performance.
- Next-gen transfer speeds: Up to 32Gbps dual M.2 and U.2, plus up to 10Gbps USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C connections.
Comprehensive IT Infrastructure Management Solution
- WS X299 PRO/SE features an embedded iKVM module and is bundled with ASUS Control Center software to provide comprehensive in-band and out-of-band management features for small and mid-size businesses:
- The embedded ASMB9-iKVM module supports remote BIOS updates, fan control, standalone KVM, video recording, and BSOD capture, providing around-the-clock remote monitoring and diagnostics — even if the operating system is down or offline — through a user-friendly, web-based graphical interface that works with all major browsers.
- ASUS Control Center (ACC) is a centralized and integrated IT management platform for monitoring and controlling ASUS commercial products, including servers, workstations, and digital signage. ACC enables remote BIOS updates, monitoring of multiple systems via mobile devices, and one-click software updates and dispatching, allowing easier server management for any IT infrastructure.
- Make your memory go faster: With optimized trace paths for time-aligned signaling and minimal crosstalk, third-generation ASUS T-Topology offers enhanced memory stability and compatibility, allowing support for memory speeds of DDR4-4133MHz and beyond.
- OC Design – ASUS PRO Clock II Technology: WS X299 PRO/SE includes a dedicated base-clock (BCLK) generator that extends CPU and memory overclocking margins. This custom solution works in tandem with the TPU to enhance voltage and BCLK overclocking control, providing the flexibility to extract every ounce of performance from the Intel® Core™ X-series processors.
- Multi-GPU support: With support for both NVIDIA® SLI™ and AMD CrossFireX™ 2/3-WAY configurations, WS X299 PRO/SE enables multi-GPU setups so you can harness the full power of the latest graphics technologies to drive games at 4K and beyond.
Cooler by Design
Ultra-efficient VRM Heatsink: Designed for the powerful Intel Core X-series processor with up to 18 cores, WS X299 PRO/SE features a capable thermal design to ensure maximum performance with no CPU throttling. Consisting of an ultra-efficient VRM heatsink with a metal fin array design that maximizes surface area for heat dissipation, plus two additional heatsinks and a connecting heatpipe to further increase cooling performance, this innovative thermal design ensures WS X299 PRO/SE is always ready to handle any task, no matter how demanding.
Connect everything, ultra-fast
- Dual Onboard M.2 & M.2 heatsink: Perfected cooling for unleashed performance, WS X299 PRO/SE features dual onboard M.2 slots, each operating at X4 PCI Express 3.0 to provide an abundant 32Gbps of bandwidth. Both slots sit below the X299 chipset and are covered by a heatsink that reduces drive temps by as much as 20°C, ensuring peak performance under all scenarios.
- U.2 connector: The revolutionary specification that lets your SSDs scream at top speed. Simply attach your choice of drive and experience data-transfer speeds of up to 32Gbps — and free up a PCIe slot for another expansion card.
- Intel Optane Memory: Intel® Optane™ is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by WS X299 PRO/SE. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive.
- VROC: Unleash the WS X299 PRO/SE Virtual RAID on CPU (VROC) with the addition of an ASUS Hyper M.2 X16 Card*, which allows you to attach up to four PCIe® 3.0 x16 M.2 drives — for a total bandwidth of up to 128Gbps. PCH-based RAID arrays are bottlenecked by the 32Gbps limit of the DMI bus. VROC obliterates that limit by allowing you to utilize CPU PCIe lanes to configure a bootable RAID array that can transfer data at insane speeds.
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 front-panel connector: WS X299 PRO/SE’s front-panel USB 3.1 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A & Type-C: With backward-compatible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A™ and reversible USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-C™ ports, you’ll experience ultimate connection flexibility and blazing data-transfer speeds of up to 10Gbps.
- Dual Intel® server-class Gigabit LAN: For more reliable networking, WS X299 PRO/SE features the latest server-class dual Intel® Gigabit LAN ensuring lower CPU utilization and temperatures and outstanding performance as well as better support for diverse operating systems. The dual Ethernet ports also support teaming which combines the network links to provide higher throughput or redundancy in case of failure.