AMD WRX80 Ryzen Threadripper PRO extended-ATX workstation motherboard with Intel dual 10 G LAN, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C port, 7 x PCIe 4.0 x16 slots, 3 x M.2 PCIe 4.0, ASMB9-iKVM, 2 x U.2 and 16 power stages
- AMD sWRX8 socket: Ready for AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO Series Processors
- Ultrafast connectivity: USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C port, 10 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 ports, 3 x M.2 PCIe 4.0, HYPER M.2 x16 Gen 4 card and Intel® X550-AT2 dual 10Gb Ethernet
- ASMB9-iKVM remote management: BMC chip in Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI is used to provide intelligence for its IPMI architecture for out-of-band management to enhance hardware-level control for improved IT efficiency
- Powerful performance: 16 power stages, multi-GPU support, and R-DIMM memory support
- Trusted stability: Tested for 24/7 dependability, validated for solid compatibility, and equipped with SafeSlot for ultimate security.
Ultimate power for professional productivity
ASUS Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI is engineered to unleash the incredible power of the latest AMD® Ryzen® Threadripper™ Pro series processors and is a reliable foundation for professional creative workloads that benefit from multi-core CPUs, such as video editing and 3D rendering. Additionally, seven PCIe 4.0 slots with SafeSlot fortification deliver exceptional performance with the latest high-power graphics cards.
- Low-profile professionalism: With metallic black aluminum extrusions, stainless steel black mesh with highlighted details, and a transparent smoky gray I/O cover, Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI presents a professional, low-profile look for content creators.
- Multi-GPU support: Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI features seven PCIe 4.0 x16 slots for high-powered graphics cards, enabling enhanced performance for professional design, modeling, and simulation, and rendering applications.
ULTRAFAST CONNECTIVITY TO POWER CREATIVITY
- Intel® dual 10G Ethernet: Featuring dual onboard 10G LAN ports powered by the cutting-edge Intel X550-AT2 Ethernet controller, Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI makes short work of multi-terabyte transfers from your creativities and provides server-grade connectivity with low-latency.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2 x 2 Type C: The latest USB standard doubles transfer bandwidth by opening another USB 3.2 Gen 2 lane to achieve its maximum throughput of up to 20 Gbps. In addition to blazingly fast data transfer speeds, USB 3.2 offers easy connectivity and ultimate flexibility via USB-C ports.
- Front Panel Connector: The front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
- 3 M.2 PCIe 4.0: Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI includes three M.2 and two U.2 slots wired to PCIe 4.0 x4 bandwidth. Creators working with massive video files can RAID together multiple NVMe devices for massive I/O bandwidth and seamless playback in their editing bays. These three slots rest under dedicated heatsinks to prevent SSD throttling under heavy loads.
- More storage: With NVMe RAID support for Ryzen™ Threadripper™ PRO processors, unused CPU PCIe® 4.0 lanes can be assigned to storage, allowing you to create a bootable RAID array with multiple M.2 SSDs to provide incredible throughput — up to 8x faster than individual PCIe® 3.0 x4 SSDs. RAID can also be configured with PCIe® 3.0 SSDs.
- ECC memory support: AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ PRO processors offer unrivaled memory bandwidth and support 8 memory channels, up to 2048 GB. It supports ECC memory to automatically detect and correct data corruption, reducing the chance of system crashes to ensure creativity consistency and stability.
- Intel WiFi 6: The Intel® WiFi 6 AX200 module is compatible with the 802.11ax standard and pushes theoretical peak bandwidth up to an incredible 2.4 Gbps. Perhaps more importantly for power users, it’s optimized for more efficient operation on crowded networks with a lot of competing traffic. Pair your motherboard with ASUS WiFi 6 routers to fully experience the networking potential of WiFi 6.
SERVER-GRADE REMOTE MANAGEMENT
ASMB9-iKVM for remote management: An integrated BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) in Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI is a key feature for workstations. It uses an Intel X550 dual 10 Gigabit Ethernet controller, with one port dedicated to the BMC to provide the intelligence for its IPMI architecture. The BMC manages the interface between system-management software and platform hardware. Administrators can remotely communicate with the BMC to take some corrective actions — such as resetting or power cycling a system.
Thorough Thermal Design
- 16 Power stages: Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI’s VRM is comprised of 16 power stages, delivering the power and efficiency that the latest AMD processors demand.
- 6-pin Power connectors: Two additional PCIe 6-pin power connectors can add power output stability when creators use many graphic cards onboard.
- SOC and DRAM Heatsink: Since mass and airflow are critically important, our VRM heatsink is manufactured with skived, high aspect ratio thin fins. A SOC heatsink uses a semi-passive fan to draw heat away from the dual 10G LAN.
- Actively cooled heatsink: The heatsink fin density is optimized to maximize surface area while maintaining a low-resistance exhaust path. The custom low-noise fan features a high-durability bearing with a 60,000-hour L10* lifespan.
- M.2 heatsinks: Three M.2 slots are covered by heatsinks to combat temperature-induced throttling that can affect performance during heavy, sustained storage loads.
- Side-mounted connectors: Unique side-mounted connectors on the front panel of the chassis keep cables away from the graphics cards and provide cleaner routing, easier management, and a streamlined installation process.
- BIOS Flashback: Users can place a BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB drive and simply plug it into the USB BIOS FlashBack™ port and press a button to update the (UEFI) BIOS. Updates can be made even if memory or CPU aren’t present.
WORK WITH FUN
- Immersive Audio Experience: The Realtek ALC4080 audio codec features high-quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input to offer pristine audio quality and is supported by EMI shielding and separate PCB layers for the left and right channels to maintain signal integrity. Additionally, DTS:X Ultra technology enables louder, immersive 3D spatial audio.
- Power pre-regulator: Reduces power input noise to ensure consistent performance.
- Audio shielding: Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
- Integrated amplifier: Capable of driving high-impedance headphones, without rolling off high or low frequencies.
- Separate layer for left and right tracks: Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
- De-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
- Premium Japanese-made audio capacitors: Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity in Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI.
TRUSTED STABILITY FOR RELIABILITY
- Solid compatibility validation: Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI has been extensively tested and validated under various environments and applications for compatibility and reliability.
- 520+ DDR4 compatibility: Industry-leading DDR4 memory compatibility for best flexibility and reassurance.
- 1000+ compatible devices: Compatibility with a range of CPUs, memory modules, graphics cards, and more.
- 8000+ validation hours: Extensive testing with the latest components for enhanced reliability, compatibility, and safety.
- Protect your graphics card: SafeSlot is a PCIe slot re-engineered by ASUS to provide optimized attachment and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process, SafeSlot fortifies the slot with metal for enhanced strength and durability.
- 24/7 reliability: Optimized for around-the-clock operations, Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI is tested under temperatures of up to 45° C and humidity of up to 80% in order to ensure it can thrive in different environments.