Intel W790 (LGA 4677) EEB workstation motherboard, PCIe 5.0 x16, M.2, Dual 10G LAN, Server-grade Remote Management, 14+1+1 power stages, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C.
- Intel LGA 4677 socket: Ready for Intel Xeon W-3400 & W-2400 processors.
- CPU and memory overclocking: Supports up to 2TB of ECC R-DIMM DDR5 memory (1DPC).
- Ultrafast connectivity: 7 PCIe 5.0 x16 slots, Dual Intel X710-AT2 10G LAN, 3 M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C and 2 SlimSAS
- Server-grade IPMI remote management: Hardware and software level with a dedicated LAN port link to AST2600 BMC controller, plus real-time monitoring and management software – ASUS Control Center Express.
- Robust power and thermal design: 14+1+1 power stages, 8-pin and 6-pin PCIe power connectors, Massive VRM, chipset, M.2 heatsinks, and M.2 backplates.
- Trusted stability: Highly compatible with the latest technologies with a solid QVL list and tested for 24/7 operation, validated for extensive compatibility.
Performance, Productivity, Proven
The Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE workstation motherboard is deftly tailored for creative professionals, developers, and engineers, unleashing the dominant performance of the latest Intel Xeon processors, with CPU and memory overclocking capability. Featuring an optimized memory trace layout, advanced power stage design, server-grade IPMI remote management, and ultrafast PCIe 5.0 and networking connectivity, the Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE melds no-compromise engineering with incredible aesthetics.
- Low-profile professionalism: With metallic black aluminum extrusions, stainless steel black mesh with highlighted details, and a transparent smoky gray I/O cover, the Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE presents a professional, low-profile look for content creators.
- Multi-GPU support: Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE features seven PCIe® 5.0 x16 slots for high-powered graphics cards, enabling enhanced performance for professional design, modeling, simulation, and rendering applications.
ROBUST POWER SOLUTION
- 14+1+1 Power stages: Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE’s VRM is comprised of 14+1+1 power stages, and delivers the power and efficiency that the latest Intel processors demand.
- 8-pin and 6-pin power connectors: Additional PCIe 8-pin and 6-pin power connectors can add power output stability when creators and developers use many graphic cards onboard.
- Reliability with supreme memory overclocking: The Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE supports 8-channel 1DPC DDR5 RDIMM ECC memory, allowing automatically to detect and correct data corruption, reducing the chance of system crashes. Being infused with a deliberate memory trace layout, this motherboard enables DDR5 memory overclocking with maxed-out speeds to provide better memory performance for a diverse range of workloads.
ULTRAFAST CONNECTIVITY TO POWER CREATIVITY
- Intel X710-AT2 Dual 10G Ethernet: Featuring dual onboard 10G LAN ports, the Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE makes short work of multi-terabyte transfers from your creativity with low latency.
- USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type C: The latest USB standard doubles transfer bandwidth by opening another USB 3.2 lane to achieve its maximum throughput of up to 20Gbps. In addition to blazingly fast data transfer speeds, USB 3.2 offers easy connectivity and ultimate flexibility via USB-C ports.
- 3 M.2: Three onboard M.2 22110 slots on the Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE, two wired for PCIe 5.0 and one for PCIe 4.0, make it easy to install an initial set of drives. Creators working with massive video files can RAID together multiple NVMe devices for massive I/O bandwidth and seamless playback in their editing bays. All these three M.2 rest under dedicated heatsinks to prevent SSD throttling under heavy loads and come with ASUS Q-Latch.
- More storage: To connect even more high-speed storage, onboard SlimSAS slots let you connect industrial SSDs — not to mention server and networking equipment — through the fast PCIe 4.0 interface.
- Front-panel connector: The front panel USB 3.2 Gen 2 connector is ready for next-gen PC cases and devices.
SERVER-GRADE REMOTE MANAGEMENT
- BMC remote management: An integrated BMC (Baseboard Management Controller) is a key feature for workstations. It uses a 1G Realtek controller, with one 1G port dedicated to the BMC to provide the intelligence for its IPMI architecture. The BMC manages the interface between system-management software and platform hardware. Administrators can remotely communicate with the BMC to take some corrective actions — such as resetting or power cycling a system.
- ASUS Control Center Express: The Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE comes with ASUS Control Center Express – a real-time IT monitoring and management software designed for business that improves productivity and enhances security, helping prevent unauthorized access and data leaks.
THOROUGH THERMAL DESIGN
- Massive VRM Heatsinks: Since mass and airflow are critically important, our VRM heatsinks are manufactured with tall and densely packed fins, and are placed on the MOSFETs and chokes to enhance thermal efficiency. An additional fan bracket allows users to install up to three high-speed fans*, drawing heat away from VRM areas to fully unleash the performance of the latest Intel processors.
- Chipset heatsink: A dedicated and beefy chipset heatsink draws heat away to maintain optimum operating temperatures.
- M.2 heatsinks: Three M.2 slots are covered by heatsinks to combat temperature-induced throttling that can affect performance during heavy, sustained storage loads. M.2 backplate blocks on select slots go even further to ensure that you get peak performance from your next-gen drives.
- Pre-mounted I/O shield: The patented I/O shield is finished in sleek matte black and comes pre-mounted for easy installation on the motherboard and is designed to allow airflow to keep the heat away from the board.
- BIOS Flashback: Users can place a BIOS file onto a FAT32-formatted USB drive and simply plug it into the USB BIOS FlashBack™ port and press a button to update the (UEFI) BIOS. Updates can be made even if memory or CPU aren’t present.
WORK WITH FUN
- Immersive Audio Experience: The Realtek S1220A 7.1 audio codec features high-quality 120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input to offer pristine audio quality and is supported by EMI shielding and separate PCB layers for the left and right channels to maintain signal integrity.
- Power pre-regulator: Reduces power-input noise to ensure consistent performance.
- Audio shielding: Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference.
- Integrated amplifier: Capable of driving high-impedance headphones, without rolling off high or low frequencies.
- Separate layer for left and right tracks: Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths.
- De-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to all audio outputs.
- Premium audio capacitors: Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity.
TRUSTED STABILITY FOR RELIABILITY
- Solid compatibility validation: The ASUS Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE has been extensively tested and validated under various environments and applications and supports the latest technologies with solid QVL lists for compatibility and reliability.
1000+ compatible devices: Compatibility with a range of CPUs, memory modules, graphics cards, and more.
8000+ validation hours: Extensive testing with the latest components for enhanced reliability, compatibility, and safety.
- Protect your graphics cards: SafeSlot is a PCIe® slot re-engineered by ASUS to provide optimized attachment and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process, SafeSlot fortifies the slot with metal for enhanced strength and durability.
- 24/7 reliability: Optimized for around-the-clock operations, The Pro WS W790E-SAGE SE is tested under temperatures of up to 45° C and humidity of up to 80% in order to ensure it can thrive in different environments.